Aug 14, 2018
Do you have experience managing construction, siding or roofing projects? Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with an award-winning roofing company in their search for a Project Manager to work out of their Brooklyn Center office. The Project Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and managing resources throughout the project lifecycle. This is a full-time, permanent position with initial screening by Doherty. Pay will be negotiated based on experience and skill set. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The Project Manager provides direction and oversight for the project through the execution phase with a specific focus towards safety, quality, procurement, cost management, schedule management, work performance and overall progress against the plan while mitigating risk to the Company and our Customer. The Project Manager role is one of leader, coach, negotiator and arbitrator. Experience in the construction industry (particularly roofing and siding) and an understanding of the specific safety issues inherent to this industry is required. Significant field work is involved so a flexible schedule is also required.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Participate in the estimate preparation for selected projects and review the contract specification, drawings and take-off information.
· Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
· Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employers and/or subcontractors.
· Ensure all projects comply with corporate, site, local authority requirements, building regulations, state, federal standards and applications necessary to complete projects.
· Assume responsibility for financial performance of the projects managed.
· Provide safety and hands-on leadership to teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of material & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
· Build strong relationships with vendor partners
· Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is delivered in accordance with design budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representative, AE representatives, and other contractors.
· Develop departmental standards in line with company best practices and operational excellence
· Provide technical assistance including interpretations of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required, to identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
Required Experience and Skills:
· 3+ years of related project management experience.
· Roofing knowledge or other construction related knowledge
· Previous experience leading crews and working directly with customers
· Detail Oriented
· Able to think on your feet and independently solve problems
· Safety conscious #CMNCareers
Ready to take your construction or roofing experience to the next level? Apply today by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also call (952) 674-4830 for additional information.
Doherty | The Employment Experts
St. Cloud-Clerical, MN