Jun 01, 2019
We are pleased to represent a growing, local municipality who is seeking to hire a Safety and Risk Coordinator. This role will be expected to work a traditional 8-5 work day, with the potential for call outs for emergencies. This municipality wants to ensure that their employees are protected and properly trained to perform their roles. This role is scheduled to full time with the municipality in 3-6 months.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:**
**The listed duties are essential job functions that the position has been created to perform. The list of duties is not exhaustive. The employee may be called upon to perform any task that is implied from the listed duties or is within the scope of the general summary. **
* Plan, organize, and implement comprehensive safety and loss control/prevention programs that include safety training, incident investigations, job hazard analysis (JHA), audits and inspections, and data analysis, to prevent employee injuries and to mitigate property loss.
* Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive safety program by conducting safety training that will ensure compliance with recognized and accepted safety standards. Contract with outside vendors for specific safety training topics (backhoe operations, trenching and shoring).
* Plan, organize and implement safety activities that provide employees information regarding safety policies, procedures, and department specific safe work practices.
* Perform incident investigations for employee injuries and vehicle accidents to identify cause and to determine how to prevent similar occurrences.
* Conduct safety audits and inspections to identify problem areas. Report findings and make recommendations for improvements and risk mitigation.
* Coordinate with Third Party Administrator on workers compensation, liability and property claims. Complete the annual insurance re-rate packet and keep the auto schedule current.
* Process Workers Compensation claims and monitor medical treatment of injured employees for return-to-work issues. Coordinate with departments for administration of light duty. Work with occupational clinics to set up proper Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) for various City jobs.
* Administer employee drug/alcohol testing programs (DOT and non-DOT) and provide employee training on drug/alcohol policies. Act as a Designated Employer Representative (DER) for DOT drug/alcohol test results.
* Act as essential personnel and report to work during times of EOC activation.
* Work the assigned schedule and comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain, without interruption, all necessary licenses, certifications, clearances, and/or job requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management or related field and 3 years progressive experience in safety and workers compensation OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications preferred.
* Valid Texas Driver s License
* Complete DOT Designated Employer Representative (DER) training within 90 days of employment.
* Complete American Red Cross Instructor training within 6 months of employment (CPR, AED, First Aid and CPR Pro).
Meador Staffing Services
Pasadena, TX, USA