Apr 05, 2018
Inventory Specialists are responsible for providing day-to-day inventory control support to manufacturing and distribution areas.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Conducts cycle counts scheduling, physical inventory coordination, inventory variance research and reconciliation as required
* Work with demand planning for the organization
* Promote continuous improvement
* Uses inventory control operating systems and report tools to control material flow and compile records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of materials received, inventory accounts, or issued.
* Requisitions needed supplies; verifies material received to determine physical variances in order; inspects articles and rejects defective ones.
* Prepares inventory records and reports and investigates discrepancies in stock counts.
* Applies extensive knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways.
* Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 1-3 years minimum experience in material management (i.E. Inventory, stocking, purchasing) in a manufacturing environment.
* Must have direct experience working with bill of materials and an MRP or ERP.
* Must possess mechanical aptitude with strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities and tasks.
* Proven track record of excellence in customer service.
* Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job including reading blue prints.
* May determine methods and procedures for new assignments.
If you meet the listed qualifications and are interested in this position, please send resumes to Shirley sfaust@meador.Com or Danielle at dmetcalf@meador.Com!
Meador Staffing Services
Pasadena, TX, USA