Sep 16, 2019
DESCRIPTION: The IT Manager’ s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT department includes network engineering, help desk operations, applications development, business intelligence and data management. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : • Lead the IT department’ s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Assume primary responsibility for the management of infrastructure, applications programming and software support staff and computing resources.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals.
• Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
• Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’ s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Forecast costs, equipment and personnel needs for projects and programs as required and related to IT operations.
• Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT technology and remain highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilize IT resources.
• Prepare long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them. Assure responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
• Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and equipment suppliers.
• Complete audit requests from vendors and clients.
• Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, degree or relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience implementing their vision and thinking strategically
• Audit experience
• Azure Cloud experience
• CITRIX VMWARE
• Microsoft Operating Systems 2008R2 to 2012 R2, and Microsoft Office 365
• Cisco ASA firewall technology and Cisco switching and routing
• Symantec Endpoint Protection
• VMware 5.5 including VLAN and Enterprise Plus features
Anaheim, CA, USA