Mar 19, 2019
Medical practice in downtown Seattle seeks experienced Patient Care Coordinator to be the face and voice of our practice. In this highly visible front-desk role, you are critically important to patient’ s first and ongoing experience. As Patient Care Coordinator you will be responsible for patient welcoming and scheduling, ensuring accurate patient demographic and insurance information, and maintaining an efficient and on-time appointment schedule. You are responsible for insurance pre-authorizations, and general support of the billing process. What You Will Be Doing
• Handle all front desk responsibilities, including daily open/close office, greeting patients, waiting room management, and processing initial paperwork.
• Check-in patients, review and ensure accurate demographic information
• Oversee flow of waiting areas, monitor patient wait time, and ensure patient satisfaction.
• Compile new patient packets. Communicate proactively with patients through secure portal and ensure all paperwork completed and received prior to appointment.
• Insurance pre-authorization for procedures and visits. Help new patients plan for first visit by ensuring all required paperwork are received prior to appointment, i.e. insurance information and referrals as needed.
• Amazing customer service - answer patient’ s questions thoroughly; show empathy for patients’ experience.
• Optimize the practice’ s daily schedule, ensuring the practice schedule is efficient. Proactively schedule waiting or urgent patients into available spots.
• Log incoming charges/payments/correspondence.
• Third party follow-up and A/R payment posting: actively follow-up with and coordinate
payments from third party payers. Ensure that all third-party and self-pay payments,
adjustments and denials are posted to facilitate timely and accurate management of A/R
• Proficiently use our clinic’ s electronic medical record system.
• Communicate directly with patients about payment. Provide all financial information with professionalism and compassion.
• Support financial clearance for upcoming procedures and treatment cycles – tight coordination with treatment schedule is mandatory.
• Communicate accurately and concisely displaying excellent patient service and interpersonal skills.
• Order office supplies and contribute to smooth operation of the office
• Ensure the confidentiality of all patient records. Maintain patient files and database according to HIPPA regulations You Need To Have
• At least two years of relevant experience (or directly related education) including:
-bookkeeping or accounting
-Medical terminology and coding
-Medical insurance processes including medical posting, billing and problem resolution
-General office procedures
• Strong skills in office computer applications including electronic medical records software, Google suite, Excel and scheduling software
• Competent with medical terminology
• Knowledge of third-party insurance
• Must be well organized, independent, and able to multitask efficiently.
• Forward-thinking with a take-charge attitude to solve problems
• Strong and efficient communication skills
• Work well with rest of our professional team members
• Consistently model the organization' s philosophy of customer service and patient safety
• Strong desire to contribute to a unique, highly-performing medical endeavor
Perks As part of our complete compensation package, we offer meaningful work, generous time off and benefits, transportation benefits, medical coverage and competitive compensation. We are committed to a positive work environment that values its employees.
Opti Staffing Group
Seattle, WA, USA