Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Liaises with stakeholders across the organization to capture requirements for intelligent embedded devices and ensure timely and efficient completion of detailed engineering projects to achieve company cost and customer service objectives. Acts as Project Leader with technical responsibility for design planning, organizing and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development of new or improved electronic control products in CAN based networks.
Develops project goals and objectives by reviewing project proposals, plans and conferring with management. Ensures projects meet schedules, cost target results, and technical expectations through effective project leadership.
* May have frequent customer interface to present project status and gain confidence in overall support of customer programs.
* Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer program requirements (including performance and data requirements), completing technical studies; and preparing cost estimates. Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and assigning staffing and resources.
* Prepares project plans and related schedules. Determines project schedules by studying customer project plans and specifications; calculating time requirements; and sequencing project elements. Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems by identifying alternative solutions. Prepares project status reports/ milestones for review within and between business units.
* Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan and schedule changes; recommends actions to achieve performance to committed milestones. Controls project costs by reviewing nonrecurring costs, monitoring and approving expenditures; may administer contractor contracts.
* Prepares and reviews technical project work prepared by others, including system schematics, layouts, sketches, algorithms, transfer functions and related test plans, procedures and reports, by the application of advanced engineering principles that are varied and detailed experience. Provides leadership on new program teams.
* Applies and may lead continuous improvement initiatives in Design & Process Engineering or across other teams. Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; proposes changes in methods and procedures.
* Verifies product performance by designing detailed plans to verify the performance through similarity, analysis, and conducting tests.
* Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics through coordination with Designers, Drafters, or other Engineers, or through the use of engineering computer-aided design systems.
* Maintains engineering project database by establishing engineering history files, project files, and related information to provide repository for technical project activities, current activities, and future records.
* Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepare reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking, best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
* Develop tooling and fixtures for new products and processes. Work with tooling vendors to supply designs.
* Complies with Parker policies and industry regulations. Consistently applies established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods.
* Acts as consultant to Management on major matters. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Identifies mentoring needs. Trains and mentors less experienced employees. May serve as a functional expert.
* Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
* This position requires a strong background in embedded systems (hardware and software), including CAN based network communication, embedded RTOS, embedded control, and familiarity with agile product development methodology.
* Bachelor's degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
* Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight to ten years of related experience
* Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
* Comprehensive knowledge of; and ability to lead and implement, continuous improvement principles and techniques.
* Ability to use standard business applications software and specialized data analysis, design, and project management tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Posted by StartWire