West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Finance Project Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As a Finance Project Manager at Capital One, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority accounting projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
Responsibilities will consist of:
* Serving as a Delivery Lead supporting the Controller's organization, including the internal Controller's initiatives
* Assisting Controller's Business and Technology stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives and implement change
* Leading moderate to large, complex accounting projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and customers
* Designing, developing, and managing accounting project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
* Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time
* Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
* Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
* Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
The person will:
* Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
* Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment
* Understand and have the ability to employ basic Agile principles
* Utilize accounting principles and experience to lead implementations
* Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
* Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the organization to manage, inform and influence outcomes
* Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
* At least 3 Years of Project Management experience
* At least 1 Year of People Management experience
* At least 3 Years of Accounting experience or at least 3 years of Audit experience, or 3 years of Finance experience
* Masters degree
* CPA certification
* 5+ years of Project Management experience
* 4+ years of People Management experience
* PMP certification, or Lean certification, or Agile certification or Six Sigma certification
* 4+ years of finance experience or 4+ years of accounting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Posted by StartWire