Accounting Compliance Officer
Bishop & Company is seeking a qualified Accounting Compliance Officer for the Downtown Honolulu area. Ideal candidate will be a CPA and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.Position Details:
Assist with the preparation of periodic reporting to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting policies, SEC and regulatory requirements. Keep abreast of all changes in accounting and reporting requirements and facilitate changes in policies and procedures as needed to maintain compliance. This position provides exposure to business-related issues and the opportunity to develop analytical, business judgment, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Assist with the preparation of all required SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, 8-K, earnings releases and related presentations and other reporting material. Convert documents to EDGAR HTML and add XBRL tags using Workiva Wdesk. Ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and SEC filing requirements.
- Prepare periodic internal and external financial reports. Assist with reports and calculations related to income tax, stock-based compensation, shares outstanding and EPS. Ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy of reports and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements for areas of responsibility through the development and maintenance of strong internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of requested information and participate in the coordination of quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audits by internal and external auditors and periodic examinations by regulators.
- Perform accounting research and implementation of new and existing accounting standards to ensure company compliance with GAAP and regulatory guidance. Document the company’ s position on various technical accounting matters.
- Participate in special projects in support of the company’ s strategic initiatives to improve performance and enhance shareholder value.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and the bank’ s policies and procedures, affecting the employee’ s job duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and related requirements, the lending, deposit, and other consumer protection regulations, and industry, ethical or fiduciary practices or standards, as applicable.
- Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Direct Hire.Location: Downtown HonoluluNo parking provided.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- 5+ years accounting.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, SOX and auditing standards.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of the PC and MS Office applications.
- Must be flexible to work varied and extended hours as required to meet deadlines.
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Location: Honolulu, HI