A great opportunity at a national leader in the natural gas industry for a qualified Maximo consultant to assist in a successful major implementation project. The implementation project will occur at roughly 29 locations throughout the United States and will be completed on a location-by-location basis each month, consisting of one week of instructor-led training and two weeks of post-training on-site user support.
The primary role of the Maximo Implementation consultant is to provide hands-on user support to technicians, maintenance planners and schedulers, and site management. The goal of user support is to effectively transition users from a longstanding legacy CMMS into the most recent version of Maximo for work management activities such as Preventive Maintenance, Job Planning, Scheduling, and capturing work performed. The Maximo consultant will also conduct on-site system, process, and role-based training in a classroom setting, as well as perform the role of change agent, promoting change management initiatives and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide on-site, one-on-one user support for day-to-day management of work activities in Maximo.
- Guide users in critical maintenance processes such as Preventive Maintenance, work planning, work scheduling, and recording of work in Maximo.
- Instruct users how to leverage Maximo tools and functions to optimize maintenance work and capture maintenance data.
- Provide instruction on internal Maximo reporting functions, and report data analysis and utilization.
- Conduct on-site training events to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness, proposing changes as needed.
- Assess training needs and effectiveness through surveys, feedback from site personnel and company SMEs.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, lesson plans, training guides, and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats.
- Create, update, and edit training materials, as needed.
- Effectively implement change initiatives through training; recognize acceptance and/or resistance and communicate value.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills. This person must actively engage site personnel on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of Maximo system and modules, as well as associated work management processes.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- 3-5 years Maximo working experience in the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities - required.
- Strong subject matter expertise in Work Management, equipment maintenance, and planning/scheduling best practices.
- Proficient with Maximo 7.5 or later.