The Data Administrator role is accountable for gathering information requirements, entering, maintaining and monitoring core data to ensure compliance with policies and data quality requirements. The Data Administrator ensures all master data is accurately loaded and maintained, interacting heavily with business and technical subject matter experts to provide input to project teams to ensure master data is appropriately captured and used. They support in the establishment of procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues and collaborate to establish policies, procedures, and internal controls affecting the quality of data. The Data Administrator engages in the ongoing and detailed evaluation of data quality, the identification of anomalies and discrepancies, and the contribution of expertise to understand the root cause and implement corrective measures. Responsibilities
- Monitors, validates, and executes data creation and change requests in data hub in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and provide expertise on one or more data domains
- Manage and control risks associated with their respective data domains
- Proactively monitor and control data quality
- Support the continuous improvement of master data management processes
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures around data attributes
- Ensures new data elements are not duplications of existing core data elements
- Ensures timely inactivation of obsolete data elements
- Works with Business process owners to help troubleshoot data issues.
- Works with Business process owners in defining standard operating procedures, process flows and related documentation for all enterprise master data
- Support the development of projects to ensure master data related items are addressed according to the established standards
- Executes data cleansing, data enrichment and testing cycles for system upgrades and projects.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ in a data application role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work confidentially and responsibly at all levels within an organization, having access to sensitive information