Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver, and Dallas Areas.
We are currently looking for a Backup Administrator
to join our team. Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for installing, configuring and maintaining SAN and Storage subsystem environments, globally.
- Monitor and tune the SAN and Storage subsystems to achieve optimum level of performance.
- Provide performance data statistics to management and other team members.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of snapshots and/or archive operations.
- Perform routine hardware and software audits of SAN and Storage subsystems for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive SAN and Storage subsystems hardware and software configuration management database/library (CMDB) of all supporting documentation.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-8 years’ experience in IT operating systems or IT system related, etc.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, and scheduling.
- Must be able to periodically travel to foreign countries
- Must be able to work on-call 24 hours a day as problems or projects require
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced level of skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent IT experience
- Working knowledge of VMware, UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems
- NetApp ONTAP Storage subsystems and Brocade SAN administration.
- 5+ years’ experience in Unix, Linux, and Windows operating systems, IT system-related, etc.
- EMC & Pure storage administration
- Insurance industry knowledge
- Broad industry experience with a variety of SAN and Storage subsystems.
- Software Defined Storage models, SaaS (Storage as a Service) and Object Storage experience.
- Cloud technologies experience.
- Data Agility, whereas migrating workloads as required to and from public cloud and on premises.
- Experience in storage service accounting chargeback
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.