Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver, and Dallas Areas.
We are currently looking for a Lead Software Developer
to join our team. Job Summary
The Software Development Lead will contribute to and provide technical direction to the development staff. This position will be expected to contribute in areas dealing with software design, service architecture, database design, compliance and strategy in the delivery of high quality software solutions. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.
- Be part of an effective front-line Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Strong understanding of application architecture including load balancing, ports, security, LDAP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL and ability to write and evaluate T-SQL and/or PLSQL.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager
- Bachelor' s degree (B. Sc.) in Computer Science or Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- 6+ Years Software Developer/Architect
- 3-5 Years Business process/IT/Engineering solutions integration
- 1-3 Years Leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience in most of the following:
- C#, .Net Framework, JAVA
- ASP.Net MVC
- Web Services (RESTful, WCF), XML
- Application architecture, OOP, OOD
- Visual Studio
- Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PLSQL, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Proficient with Java, .NET and web technologies
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.