Akraya is looking for a Data Security Consultant
for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Rahul at 408-512-2433
. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.Primary Skills: Security, Kafka, Elastic SearchDuration: 6+ Months (possibility of extension)Contract Type: W2 only
Data Security Engineer
What we are looking for -
The ideal candidate will have a passion for designing and building reliable, scalable and maintainable data intensive distributed systems using open source, processing data at the internet company scale and managing world-class data pipelines to power real-time incident detection, investigation, response, thread intelligence mining and security research. As a Security Data Engineer, you will be expected to be skilled at software design and software engineering of the distributed systems, data streaming and batch processing. You must be knowledgeable and experienced in secure coding practices and secure Software Product Lifecycle (SPLC) process. And last but not least, you must have passion for learning and trying new technologies.
- BS or MS in computer science or related fields
- Experience of working within product development teams and usage of tools like GitHub, Jenkins (and Jira)
- Hands on experience with threat/anomaly detection and prevention systems/tools
- Professional experience with developing and deploying production level code in Java
- Experience in administering Big Data systems and related technology(Hadoop(Horton) and Elastic (ELK))
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rahul at 408-512-2433About Akraya
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of experience
- Experience in troubleshooting issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Experience with building data intensive distributed systems
- Experience in security engineering and operations related to threat detection systems/tools
- Experience with any of Apache Kafka, Hive, Hadoop
- Experience in handling analytics on large data sets
- Experience with Elasticsearch (ELK stack)
- Experience in DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code (Saltstack, Puppet)
- Experience in developing and deploying in Docker/Containers on Kubernetes
- Experience in software development using Python, Go, SQL
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.