Akraya is looking for a User Researcher
for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Rakesh
. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Digital experience, usability test
Duration: 12 Months+ (Possible Extension)
Contract Term: W2 only (Contract)Description
- The User Research family is responsible for assessing end-user needs with respect to digital presence, and based on those needs, combined with business goals, recommend use and throughout the greater digital presence, guiding the direction for the overall User Experience for visitors. Members of the User Research team must understand both the business and the technical aspects of the Web. They need to understand business stakeholders perspectives and the end-user' s needs. Being able to bridge both the business and technical areas, and to fully understand the different languages used and processes employed, is critical to the success of this team.
- The User Researcher team member performs user research in one-on-one sessions, or with groups, as appropriate, either in-person or remotely and/or asynchronously – for both generative and summative settings. They use the information gathered during this research to advocate for use-centered online interactions and drive business decision-making. The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret user research is a critical component of this job family, as is the ability to translate user and stakeholder needs into an effective user interface.
- Minimum three (3) years of digital experience moderating usability tests with large team and/or stakeholder engagement.
License, Certification, Registration
- Bachelor' s degree in a related field.
- Master' s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience designing usability tests, analyzing results and forming recommendations based on those results.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, and heuristics. Advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Proficient using Microsoft Visio. Proficient with Web design/coding best practices.
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems. Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. Full use and general application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Deep knowledge of online design principles, trends, competition, technical limitation in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
- A detailed knowledge of the Web development process.
- Proficient with setting up, installing and configuring computer hardware and software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clear communication in a consensus driven environment, enabling teams to understand your perspective and recommendations
- Ability to work well in a large team environment, no egos!
- Works independently and proactively
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rakesh at 408-512-2352About Akraya
- Experience in computer and/or Web programming preferred.
- Web design experience preferred.
- Bachelor' s degree in a related field, with an experimental and/or UI design related bend (e.G., social sciences) preferred.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools and its uses preferred.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.