Jackson, Michigan Position:
Registered Nurse-Acute Care Discharge Planning Type:
Contract -13 weeks Setting:
8: 00 am-5: 00 pmSalary:
$38-42/hour based on experience, benefit level and traveler statusResponsibilities of the Discharge Registered Nurse
Requirements of the Registered Nurse
- The case manager is accountable for a designated patient caseload and plans effectively in order to meet patient needs, manage length of stay, and promote efficient and effective utilization of resources.
- Nursing care is provided through assessment, implementations, and evaluation of the plan of care.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Carries out functions according to medical center policy, mission, and standards of practice as defined by professional and regulatory guidelines.
Compensation of the Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of the acute care provided to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Ability to function successfully and independently in an extremely challenging environment.
- Must be self-directed, flexible, committed to teamwork.
- Must demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrates leadership, communications, and the interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with physicians, management, staff, external agencies/customers and patients/families.
- Must possess analytical, data management and computer skills.
- Bachelor s degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Case Management certification.
- Utilization management and discharge planning experience for the acute care or post- acute care setting.
- Michigan State registered nurse license required
- Salary: $38.00 to $42.00 per hour. Based on experience, benefit level and traveler status.
- First Day Health Insurance Coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Complimentary $15, 000 Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan (up to 4.0% Company Match)
- License Reimbursement (when applying for a license in a new state)
- $500 Referral Bonus
- *Eligibility for these benefits depends on meeting various requirements.
myRN Staffing Solutions is a Nurse recruiting agency with over 10 years of experience in healthcare staffing. We specialize in placing Nurses in travel and direct hire opportunities at medical facilities across the country.