Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, and Denver Areas.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer
to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with technical leadership to design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.
- Represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to provide design recommendations for implementing new solutions and business capabilities, ensuring PII and PCI security standards are met.
- Responsible for ensuring your tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Meet key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- Work in a fast-paced, production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, maintain, document and install standalone and client/server software applications using Java, JUnit, and Oracle.
- Implement software engineering solutions to meet requirements and architectural direction.
- Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as compliance with the business and technical requirements
- Resolve problems that arise with future production applications in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components
- Participate in acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met
- Migrate applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment or perform quality assurance as necessary
- Work with Managers and team members to meet development standards
- Participate in design conversations, asking questions and providing input
- Work with others to implement foundational steps to build out new API strategy.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Proven knowledge in application development using Java
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing
- Experience in web services & service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Java open source frameworks including Spring/Spring Boot and Apache Commons.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with Linux (RHEL and Amazon), Tomcat and Splunk
- Experience with Maven and Git Ability to collaborate with others and recommend technical design decisions
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of Rest APIs
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and/or a similar tool
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, and/or EasyMock
- Experience with Amazon Web Services with Route 53, EC2, S3 and VPC
- Experience with configuration automation and provisioning with such tools as CloudFormation and YAML
- Experience with Jenkins
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.