Job Description: Adult Services Medical Assistant
Statement of Responsibilities: Provide medical support to individuals, including transportation to
appointments and meeting DDS standards of healthcare and documentation requirements.
- Cooperation, teamwork and positive attitude towards one s work.
- Ability to work with consumers with unique medical needs.
- Ability to set clear limits and personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to model respectful and positive interactions.
- Respect for persons of different abilities, backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to understand the implications of Prader-Willi Syndrome.
- Transport individuals to medical, psychiatric and dental appointments.
- Complete all pre and post appointment paperwork.
- Coordinate appointment transport and follow-up with Adult Services nursing staff, residential supervisors and community medical professionals.
- Document data and pertinent information from appointments into Therap.
- Transport and/or administer medications in accordance to MAP s regulations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Bachelor s Degree in psychology, education, or related field; high school diploma and equivalent experience preferred. Knowledge of DDS procedures and regulations and experience working with a special needs population preferred. Must exhibit ambulatory ability sufficient to physically intervene in instances of extreme behavior that might jeopardize the safety of individuals and staff. Will attain MAPS certification for medication administration. Valid Driver s License.