May 25, 2019
Our client is seeking Subject Matter Experts (SME) in one or more of the areas of Energy Management and Control Systems (EMCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS).
The SME will have experience in distributed hardware, software and network communication elements used to remotely control and monitor electrical and mechanical equipment and systems over very wide geographic areas.
These elements will include, but are not limited to, chiller plants, air handlers, computer room A/C units, water and gas detection, fuel systems, water treatment, heating systems, primary and secondary unit substations, backup generators, large-scale UPS, SCADA/EMCS monitoring and control software, and network communication equipment. Job location is on a contractor/customer site in Annapolis Junction.
Individuals applying for this position must be U.S. Citizens and be clearable, or already hold a U.S. Government issued security clearance.
- 10+ years of experience with EMCS systems for utilities, critical infrastructure and/or data communication centers which has involved collecting and interpreting user requirements in order to prepare system designs.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, the sequence of operations and end devices used in these applications to EMCS systems, such as air and water flow meters, pressure transducers, temperature transmitters and other automation peripherals.
- Experience with EMCS logic and programming with software packages from large single provider commercial vendors (such as Johnson Controls Inc, Siemens Controls, Automated Logic, Honeywell Controls, Delta, Alerton, Schneider) and cross-platform integrators (such as Tridium)
- Experience in working collaboratively with mechanical engineers, on large scale secure buildings to ensure that EMCS and mechanical systems are in alignment and support the project functional and security requirements.
- Experience in performing assessments on mechanical and electrical building controls and writing follow up reports for functionality, reliability, and cybersecurity.
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD (Fort Meade Area)
Compensation: $110 - $130k salary + bonus potential + relocation/sign-on bonus + retirement + full comprehensive benefits package.
Day shift position
Baltimore, MD, USA