Jul 19, 2019
We are currently hiring for an Automotive Electrician Truck Body Upfitting in the Smyrna area!
Job Summary: The Automotive Electrician is responsible for installing electrical accessories or components for up-fitting truck bodies, such as beacon lights, strobe lights, relays, trailer plugs, cranes, dump trucks, break controllers, and compressors. The Automotive Electrician will assemble and wire electrical parts following schematic drawing by using hand, machine and/or power tools. Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defect and do electronic diagnostics.
1. Install various types of vehicle lighting i.E. Beacon lights, strobe lights, etc.
2. Install various switches and relays
3. Install trailer plugs, cranes / auxiliary batteries, dump trucks, compressors
4. Install Brake Controllers (standard, electrical, or air brake systems)
5. Pneumatic Systems and Electrical
6. Use overhead cranes to lift parts, units, motors, generators, or subassemblies.
7. Read technical information needed and work orders to perform installations.
8. Inspect electrical or electronic systems for defects.
9. Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
10. Cut materials according to specifications or needs
11. Disassemble and reassemble equipment dashes for installation
12. Seal gaps or cracks to prevent leakage or moisture intrusion.
13. Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
14. Follow safety guidelines. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. Knowledge of selecting correct wires and tools.
2. Knowledge of OEM wiring (color codes & functions).
3. Knowledge of electrical schematic diagrams.
4. Experience in Underbody Compressor/Generator Hydraulic Compressors.
5. Working knowledge of 12 volt & 24 volt systems.
6. Knowledge of electrical schematic diagrams.
7. Must have knowledge of PTO wiring and diagnostics.
8. Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
9. Knowledge of using mathematics to solve problems.
10. Understanding diagrams and work related documents.
11. Time management. Working Conditions:
This job operates in a shop production environment. Requires contact with others. Requires face to face discussion with individuals or teams. Possible exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment. Essential Physical Tasks:
Must be able to lift 50lbs periodically. Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls. Requires standing. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust. Requires being exact or highly accurate. Requires meeting strict deadlines. Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days are SHIFT: Monday through Friday from 7: 00 a.M. To 4: 00 p.M with overtime. PAY RATE: $15-$17/ hr DOE Preferred Education and Experience
3 years automotive electrical diagnostics / repair / installation. Apply TODAY! Visit www.SelecSource.Com and choose "Atlanta" as your nearest branch office. Please complete as much of the application as possible. You may follow up with our office at (678) 578-4940 once you have submitted your application. No access to a computer? No problem! Visit our branch office Monday-Friday during normal business hours to apply online. We are located at 6111 Peachtree Dunwoody Road NE Building F, Suite 103 Atlanta, GA 30328!
Email: atlanta@selecsource.Com (678) 578-4940
We look forward to talking with you!
4915 Atlanta Hwy, Flowery Branch, GA 30542, USA