Feb 18, 2019
This is an opportunity to use a technical skill set to work for a rapidly expanding organization with operations in over 30 countries. If you have a hands-on mechanical background and direct experience working with hydraulic pumps, this position is for you!
The Pump Field Service Technician will work inside the company's regional service center in Baton Rouge, LA., and in the field at various customer sites. The technician will perform hands on corrective and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, assessments, vibration tests, calibrations, repairs, and installations, of numerous types of industrial pumps. Training will be provided but pump maintenance experience and a strong mechanical aptitude is an absolute necessity. The technician must be able to work independently while servicing various pumps in the shop and in the field.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Dismantle and repair a variety of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, direct-acting, and reciprocating types.
- Use mechanical aptitude to assess damage and diagnose problems with mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
- Perform quality assurance inspections and take measurements with gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Read and interpret applicable documentation including schematics, Standard Operating Procedures, process sheets, and equipment manuals.
- Interface with customers and clients in a professional manner concerning troubleshooting, testing, repairs, assessments, maintenance, and status of various mechanical equipment.
Job requirements: Position requires 70% travel, but with very little overnight travel required. Technician must be available for overtime and call-ins, as needed. Company car will be provided, and all travel expenses, including gas and overtime, will be paid for.
This is a multi-billion-dollar organization and success in the position could lead to multiple career opportunities. Company has a great working culture, offers very competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package.
Pay Grade: $27 per hour + plenty of overtime = $65 - $80k first year.
Baton Rouge, LA, USA