Mar 20, 2019
Title : General Manager
Location : Georgetown, District of Columbia
Company Description : Contemporary Apparel & Accessories Brand Reports to : Area Manager Direct Reports : Floor Manager, Floor Supervisor, Visual Merchandiser, Cashiers, Sales Associates
Responsible for maximizing sales to drive profitability.
Leads, manages, and organizes the store according to brand's shared values, standards, policies and procedures along with the Sales Team.
is a Brand Ambassador by being a good role model for the team and by providing excellent customer service and product knowledge at all times. Job Responsibilities :
• Manages, recruits, on boards and trains store teams.
• Develops teams in brand, fashion and product knowledge, customer service skills and leadership skills.
• Provides succession planning for all staff and management team in the store.
• Follows up with management team to ensure proper training and staff assessment is being completed.
• Creates and acts on plans for future people development needs.
• Maintains an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive and motivating work environment.
• Actively works with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, steaming, displaying and merchandising per company guidelines to maximize selling opportunities.
• Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of concepts.
• Maximizes sales through joint operational and commercial focus and takes action to obtain highest level of profitability for the store.
• Manages and ensures stock level is appropriate to maximize selling.
• Responsible for pushes of high priority garments when necessary by communicating with the merchandising team.
• Ensures the garment presentation, garment level and visual standards are presented according to company's expectations.
• Ensures and follows up on all activities concerning events, promotions and sales activities in his/her store.
• Performs cash office operational functions.
• Ensures proper staff planning according to budget and needs.
• Establishes, monitors and follows up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets with company's Area Team to optimize profit.
• Executes reductions, price changes, and transfers.
• Unloads delivery truck, receives, opens and unpacks merchandise and labels merchandise with security tags.
• Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantees employee and customer safety.
• Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in stores.
• Provides direct customer service on the sales floor.
• Leads by example mentoring staff in providing high quality direct and indirect customer service on the shop floor, in the fitting room and at the cash desk.
• Rings on the register, reports and handles all required transactions, issues receipts and packs merchandise.
• Establishes and oversees plans, budgets and variable costs for store; works with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability with the area team.
• Accurate recording of sales figures. Minimum Qualifications :
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Min. of 3 years of retail management experience or comparable management experience.
• Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc) for a short distance.
• Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proven organizational and analytical skills.
• Consistently shows ability to be sales driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store results and working to improve P&L.
• Strong garment presentation skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and extensive fashion knowledge.
• Ability to take own initiative and take responsibility for actions.
• Ability to work strategically, tactically and operationally.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to be clear and convincing when communicating goals, information and expectations to staff.
• Ability to plan and achieve long and short term goals.
• Ability to coach and apply appropriate developmental tool for each individual.
• Experience with preparing and administrating progressive discipline process and performance management as well as succession planning.
• Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed.
• Open availability including evenings and weekends.
• Around 5 % travel required as necessary (Sales meetings, workshops, etc.).
Compensation : DOE - base salary between $60,000 - $70,000 w+ benefits!
Georgetown, Washington, DC, USA