May 25, 2019
Manager, Project & Consulting Services Job Description
Under general direction of Director, Software and Services Delivery, the Manager, Software & Services Project Management is a key leadership role that provides leadership, direction, coaching and supervision to a team of Program and Project Managers responsible to lead software and services deployment projects. This role is responsible to implement effective Project Management processes, effective communication, sound project controls and governance, comprehensive reporting processes, identification and management of project issues and risks, and project tracking and reporting to ensure successful, on-time or ahead of schedule and on or under budget software deliveries.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Request for Proposal (RFP) response preparation and resource assignment and Scope of Work (SOW) preparation and resource assignment.
• This role is responsible to forecast project resources, workload, timeline and impacts.
• Skills for this position require supervisory experience, strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills, a strong working knowledge in business management, finance, planning, forecasting, and personnel.
• Besides the knowledge of best practices and industry standard Project Management (PM) processes to initialize, plan, execute, control, and monitor a project, this position uses skills and leadership competencies for process improvement, team building, negotiations, decision making, problem solving, communication and conflict management.
• This position ensures scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables are successfully met. This individual must have a thorough understanding of all phases of project management, the company' s Order-to-Acceptance lifecycle process, and PMI methodology.
• Lead and manage the members of the Program / Project Management Team in daily support of the execution of delivery of our software & services portfolio to our customers.
• Conduct periodic performance reviews of the project management staff and provide real time feedback with examples.
• Coaches, trains, and mentors less experienced project managers and those requiring additional training in the use of consistent methodologies to manage programs.
• Successfully lead teams that include direct and indirect reports in simultaneous complex projects under tight timelines.
• Plan, execute, and manage the activities of the team and indirect support resources to produce deliverables according to contract / customer requirements.
• Ensures compliance with existing PM processes to ensure consistent project management methodologies.
• Lead development of delivery SOWs and provide support /expertise for RFP responses for new business Respond to escalated issues from the team of Project Managers.
• Manage and oversee project portfolio around the boundaries of scope, schedule, and cost.
• Display strong leadership skills and serves as a critical member of the software delivery management team.
• Designs, develops, and maintains reports, metrics and other documentation to support software & services delivery reporting across the company, including executive management team.
• Responsible for monitoring, tracking and reporting progress of the software and services projects including, but not limited to, governance, issues and risks, KPIs, milestons, financial health, and budget.
• Report on individual project status' to executive level as requested.
• Manage and develop project/program metrics, KPIs, and trends for executive management.
• Supports and adheres to Company’ s core values.
• Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
• Supports and adheres to Company’ s Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
• Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
• Required Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’ s Degree
• Required Minimum Years of Experience: 5+ to 7
• 5 years supervisory experience required
• Desired utility background
• A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
HUNTER Technical Resources
Alpharetta, GA, USA